Monday, May 9, 2011

Backyard Update

We decided to use our tax return on our back yard. So not only did we put a garden in, but we also added grass!  We absolutely love it, but our dogs might love it even more.  It has definitely cut down on the amount of dirt and dust in our house so that is a big plus.  We spend so much more time in our back yard, it makes me so happy :)


The garden is also doing amazing!  After only a few weeks from planting we had things sprouting all over the place.  Now it has been just over a month since planting and everything is growing like crazy, especially the corn, tomatoes and sunflowers.  We have already picked some tomatoes.  I even gave Jacob a few for his birthday.  And I have used some of my basil in my cooking.  It is awesome having a garden!  Check out the pics!
Corn!
Aren't they beautiful!

The irrigation is in. No more watering by hand!

No comments: