Friday, August 27, 2010

Honeymoon in Disney World

Michael and I decided we wanted to be big kids for our honeymoon, so we went to Disney World. Talk about a great place for a honeymoon, Disney knows how to do things right. We had a great time. We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort.
We had park hopper passes so we went everywhere, met characters, rode all the best rides and eat way too much food. The first night we got there our flight arrived around 10pm. Well the Magic Kingdom was open late that night until 3am. Since we came from AZ 3am was only midnight our time. So we went straight to the park. It wasn’t too busy that late and we got to ride all the major rides that night. This was fun, but I made the mistake of making breakfast reservations the next morning at 8am at the Animal Kingdom. That night we only got about 4 hours of sleep, thank goodness for naps. :)The Animal Kingdom was awesome; my favorite rides there were the African Safari and Expedition Everest. So amazing, on the safari we saw all kinds of animals, my favorites were the giraffes. Also at this park they had Finding Nemo the Musical; it was so well done I made Michael take me to it twice.Epcot was also great, especially their food. We had our best meals here. One night we ate at the French Bistro, wow best tenderloin I have ever had and the crème brule, yum. We also eat at the Chinese restaurant The Nine Dragons; this was so good probably the best Chinese I’ve ever had. I’d definitely recommend both places to eat if you ever go to Epcot. I also really enjoyed their aquarium, the sharks, dolphins and fish were awesome.
Hollywood Studios was also a blast. Tower of Terror, best ride there, always fun. I loved Fantasmic and the Beauty and the Beast show. We also enjoyed a stunt show and plenty of other attractions.Typhoon Lagoon is one of the water parks they have there. We spent one day there and had a blast. This was probably the best water park I’ve ever been too. I feel like I’m saying “ the best ever a lot”, well that’s Disney for ya. :)
We also spent some time in Downtown Disney. Again more great food down here, we ate at the Wolfgang Puck Cafe, very taste. :) We also saw the Cirque du Soleil Show called La Nouba. It was very entertaining.
The parks were fun, the food was great, accommodations excellent, and then we had a surprise visitor our second to last day….

So, I decided to start packing our suitcases for our trip home the next day. I picked up a Disney shopping bag to see if I forgot something inside and saw nothing so I dropped it on the floor and a snake came out of it. My first thought was “Michael, it is not funny to put a fake snake in my bag”, I reached down to pick it up and scold Michael, when all of a sudden it moved. I jumped on the bed and quickly realized it wasn’t fake or a prank. It was only about a foot long and pencil thin. It was Reddish orange, black and yellowish white. I knew it looked like one of those snakes that could be poisonous or its look alike that’s not poisonous. And of course I couldn’t remember the riddle. Anyway, I called the front desk and told them we had a snake, and the lady asked me, “Are you sure it’s a snake and not a lizard?” Duh, I know the difference between a snake and a lizard… Well I told it was definitely a snake. She said they would send someone over, but if I didn’t feel safe to leave the room. Yeah right, I wasn’t going to take my eye off that thing, no way it was slithering into my bag. Well, it turns out when the maintenance guy got there he was overjoyed to see that we hadn’t harmed the snake. He told us it was a scarlet king snake and was harmless. It’s the coral snake that is poisonous. He said in all his 20+ years of working there he had only seen 3 of those guys and called them “God’s gift to Earth”. He must really like snakes. Well it was a fun experience and made for a good story. Lesson learned: Red on yellow kills a fellow, Red on black won’t hurt jack. I guess I won’t be forgetting that riddle anytime soon.

No comments: