Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Planting

Saturday I finished filling the beds with a wonderful soil mixture of soil, manure and mulch.  Then I soaked them to get water nice and deep.  Dont they look awesome!

Monday Michael and I went to the nursery.  Since summer is just around the corner I needed to get some transplants for the things I am a little late in planting.  I also got  seeds of the things that do great in the summer.  So in box one I have green onions, lettuce, carrots, radishes, tomatoes and sunflowers.  In box two I have bell peppers, banana pepper, corn, squash, zucchini, cantaloupe, and watermelon.  I have strawberries but I'm not sure where I'm putting them yet.

I am having so much fun with my garden.  And Michael is doing a great job helping me out with some plants and watering.  I cant wait to get my irrigation system in.

When I was planting on Monday I had a visitor to the garden.  A Humming Bird!  It was so awesome, it was flying all around the plants and got with in 3 feet of me.  So yesterday I bought a humming bird feeder in hopes that it will come back.  No sign of him yet.

I did make the mistake of letting the dog come in the garden while I was planting and of course while I wasn't looking Stark decides to eat the tops off my onions.  You would think I would kick the dogs out after that, but no of course not.  So Gambit shows some interest in the strawberry plants and what does he do, knocks one of the developing strawberries right off.  I know they like gardening, but I guess they need to stay out :( 

1 comment:

Stevie said...

I Love your garden!I hope everything grows well and you have great success. I wish I could have a garden. Lucky for me when I can have a garden you will have all the experience to help me out! Tell those stinker dogs to leave the garden alone hehe!